In the winter time, food is often scarce for birds that have not left the country for the sunnier and warmer lands. It’s even worse when there’s a lot of snow or ice outside. That’s why it’s a good idea to help the little birds eat, between November and March if you can.
Ideally, birds are fed early in the morning and again in the evening. This allows them to fight against the cold, thanks to an abundant and high-caloric foods.
We suggest that you set up "bird feeding places" on your property, you can even admire the birds that come to peck at your window!
Here are some original ideas for putting down bird food:
1. A terracotta pot that you place the bird food inside:
2. Reuse an egg container:
3. A superb coconut bird-feeder:
4. This beautiful teapot can serve as a feeder and a birdhouse!
5. A hanging Mason jar makes a great feeder.
6. This birdhouse is made with cork stoppers!
7. You can even use an old shoe!
8. This feeder was made from wooden popsicle stick!
9. A simply idea: hanging bowls.
10. Tins also make great bird feeders.
11. An upside down bottle can be used for water or seeds!
12. A container with holes (IKEA style)
Obviously, we can install these kind of feeding systems in any season! In summer too, little birds will love to enjoy good meals!