This modeling clay will reduce your stress level if your children have the habit of putting everything in their mouths.
Even though this modeling clay does not contain the chemicals of commercial modeling clay, it is still important not to leave children alone when they are playing with play dough.
The modeling clay can be kept for several weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You will need:
- 120 g all-purpose flour
- 20 g table salt
- 10 g baking soda
- 200 ml water
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) vegetable oil
- Food coloring
How to do:
1) In a saucepan add the flour, salt and baking soda
2) Then add the oil and water
3) Mix well with a whisk to obtain a smooth paste
4) Add the food coloring and mix again to obtain a uniform color
5) Then heat the dough over low heat
6) Stir continuously until the dough becomes thick
7) Once the dough has become dense, or thicker, remove from the fire
8) And transfer the dough into a bowl
9) Knead the dough by hand to form a ball
10) Put the ball in a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap before putting it in the fridge for 1 hour
11) After 1 hour into the fridge, you can finally play with modeling clay.