If you are ever craving soup from your favourite restaurant, you should try making it at home instead! It is so easy and EVEN better tasting! This broccoli cheddar soup will be a winning dish for dinner today.
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 3 cup chicken broth
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 large head broccoli (finely chopped)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- 2 cup whole milk
- 3 cup shredded cheddar (more for garnish)
- Bread (for serving)
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the onion and celery and cook until soft for about 5 minutes. Add in flour, whisk and cook for around 1 minute. Slowly add chicken broth and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the chopped broccoli and carrots, bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Let simmer for around 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Gently add milk and bring to summer, then add in the cheddar and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you wish you can top with more cheddar cheese. Serve with your favourite bread, such as baguette. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe below!
What is your favourite soup? Even the pickiest member of your family will love this broccoli soup!