It is finally September and that means we can start getting ready for Halloween! Here are the instructions for a very fun and yummy craft you can do with your children to celebrate October 31st. Enjoy!
- 12 oz orange melting chocolate wafers
- Small balloons
- 1/4 cup milk melting chocolate wafers
- 5 cups Halloween candy (pick your favourite ones!)
- Start by melting the orange wafers. To do so, place them in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave them for 30 seconds, then stir and microwave again for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until melted and smooth. Set aside until warm or the balloons will explode if the chocolate is to hot.
- Blow up the balloons the size you want the cups to be and tie them. You can blow 8 to 10 balloons depending on their size.
- When the orange melted chocolate is no longer too hot to the touch, hold a balloon by the knot and dip it about halfway up. Make sure to rotate it around so all the sides are coated. Let the excess drip back in the bowl. Place the dipped balloons on a baking sheet that has previously been lined in parchment or waxed paper. Repeat until you run out of melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate the dipped balloons for about 20 minutes. Once they have cooled and set, remove the ballon fro the candy shell. Simply cut a small hole about the knot and let the air out. Then, gently peel the balloon from the bottom of the candy cup.
- You can make your cups more even using a paring knife to remove the uneven edges. For a more kid-friendly approach simply run your finger along the top.
- Melt the milk chocolate wafers using the same technique as step 1 and pour into a small plastic bag. Make a small hole in the corner and use to draw the face of your pumpkins!
- All you have to do now is fill the cups with your favourite Halloween candies! Yum!
Here are pictures of the whole process:
Are you excited for Halloween this year?
Source: oh nuts · Photo Credit: Facebook - oh nuts