Nowadays, embroidery hoops are much more used to create decorative projects than embroidering.
And luckily you can still find embroidery hoops everywhere in crafts stores, home improvements stores and sewing shops. Because these embroidery hoops that have been forgotten for a very long time are now used in different ways.
We use them to make a thousand of projects and crafts that are easy to do at home:
Here are 7 beautiful projects to do with embroidery hoops:
1) Fairy light wreaths - Make a simple, but very nice, bright decoration with three embroidery hoops. As they often sold in packs of three, you will have no trouble finding three different sizes. Use LED fairy lights to make this wonderful idea.
2) Floral sun catcher - Make a very nice sun catcher with wax paper and flowers from the garden!
3) Whimsical modern mobile - Make a pretty mobile with necklace beads and nylon thread. Glue small triangles of cardboard, wallpaper, or scrapbook paper on both sides of the chains with a glue stick
4) Air planter wreath - Make beautiful decorations with plants that thrive without soil! We call them Air Plants! You can find them on the Internet on Amazon with these simple keywords: "Air Plant." Just fix them with some twine wrapped gently around the embroidery hoop, or glue them with glue for plants. And you water them once a week with a spray bottle. Hang the embroidery hoops in a room to decorate your house. These Air Plants are gorgeous!
5) Embroidery hoop clock - Buy a clock system that you will fix on a circle of wood covered with fabrics and that you will place into an embroidery hoop.
6) Farmhouse Style Orbs - With three different sizes of embroidery hoops, some acrylic paint or wood stain, you can make orbs.
Just style a few together as a group or a single one with other accessories. So pretty!
7) Lacy dreamcatcher - And finally, with some nice lace, feathers, twine and wooden beads, create the most beautiful dreamcatcher ever!