If you have no time (or money!) to go to the spa to get expensive treatments, you should try this DIY Turmeric face mask at home! In fact, turmeric has many health and beauty benefits - because it's so high in antioxidants it slows down cell damage. It's great to reduce skin inflammation and to even out your skin tone. Turmeric is also known to help with acne, psoriasis and eczema, it's a little miracle that you can make yourself at home!
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (you can find ground turmeric at your grocery store!)
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (best if organic)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of honey (best if organic)
- 1 teaspoon milk or yogurt
1. Using a small bowl, mix the turmeric powder with the apple cider vinegar, honey and milk (or yogurt). You want to create a paste-like consistency so the mask stick to your face.
2. Wash and dry your face as you normally would. You can do a small patch test before applying the mask to your face - as everybody will react differently. If your skin is not reacting badly, apply the mask all over your face while avoiding the eye area.
Note : Turmeric will stain fabric yellow, be sure not to wear your best t-shirt as it might get ruined!
3. Let the face mask sit on your face for 10 to 15 minutes. And relax!
4. Rinse off with warm water, your washcloth might turn a little yellow if you didn't rinse thoroughly. Your face might be a slight yellow tint to it, but it will go away within a few hours.
This face mask shouldn't be used every single night, it is best to use a few nights a week. Your skin will feel brighter and smoother after a few times!
If you don't have time for DIYs, you can buy already made turmeric face treatments but that will probably cost you way more that making it at home.
Kiehl's Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Mask - $50.
Sunday Riley C.E.O. Glow Vitamin C + Turmeric Face Oil - $105
Will you be trying the DIY version of this face mask? Or do you prefer to just buy already made products?
Source: Taste of Home · Photo Credit: Adobe Stock