When Ingvar Kamprad founded IKEA in 1947, did he suspect that 80 years later, people would exchange so much tips to transform furniture sold in his stores?
In the last few years, it is trendy to change either the function or the look (or both) of furniture from Swedish store.
And we love all these transformations ! These fairly affordable and resistant pieces of furniture offer great possibilities to creative people who want to add a touch of originality to their decor.
And to change the look of furniture, there is not only paint or stain! Wood (including wooden pallet ) is also very useful. And this, even on wooden furniture!
Do you want to "transform" your IKEA shelf or table (or a furniture from another store)? Here are 20 inspiring ideas for you!
1. An inexpensive TV stand with and industrial-style
2. Wood adds a lot of character to this white KALLAX furniture
3. This small desk is really cute and will be the most beautiful furniture of the room
4. This small table will be perfect in your living room
5. A modern and practical bed
6. Your dining room needs this dresser
7. A simple TV stand
8. This coffee table will be perfect with any country style interiors
9. Simply add a wooden pallet horizontally at the back of this bookshelf ! It makes all the difference !
10. These little tables with casters are so cute !
11. You need a desk like this in your house ! And nobody will know it comes from IKEA ...
12. This dining table has a completely different style with a little paint !
source: Mommy's Tool Belt
13. This console table is really nice ! Everybody will love it !
14. An easy transformation to do, but effective
source: Classy Cutter
15. This coffee table is really original
16. The mix of black paint and wood gives a luxurious look to this really simple little table
17. A vintage style furniture that will everybody will like
18. What a beautiful coffee table!
19. This piece of furniture made with wooden pallets, makes all the difference in your living room
20. In this video, watch how a man transforms a simple IKEA shelf with wooden pallet