It's all about the first impression people get when entering your home! And, when we want to make a good impression, this element cannot be overlooked.
Many old homes have a staircase facing the front door. And it is not uncommon for these staircases to be in not so great condition.
-The foot of the staircase is faded and the paint can be damaged and darkened.
-Varnished wood has lost its luster
-The ramp needs a little boost to reinvigorate
But all this work is expensive and the stairs are so often used that the varnish on the wood does not last as long as one would like ... Have you ever thought of carpet? You find this idea repulsive? Wait and see this transformation, and at such a low price!
The blogSponge Designpresents us their incredible staircase transformation and on a small budget! And I have to admit, that for once, I'm really sold on the idea of adding carpet on the stairs! Because the result is fantastic!
1) The first step was to repaint everything in white! Do not hesitate to use painter's tape to avoid painting varnished wood by accident
2) Already after a first coat of paint, the marks were much less apparent! The work was promising
3) Then with a permanent marker, she colored some staples in black so that we cannot distinguish them once the project is finished
4) She places a non-slip rug pad on the steps of the staircase to prevent the carpet from moving over time
5) Then she finally begins to staple the woven rug
6) Always following the steps in parallel
7) She then cuts away the fold at the end of the carpet to remove a layer
8) And staples the beginning of the second rug over the end of the cut rug
Here, finally, is the end result, but wait to see the BEFORE and AFTER pictures!
INCREDIBLE isn't it? See the other picture!
An incredible before and after!