This easy recipe is the best snack for that energy drop in the late afternoon!
- 3 cups puffed rice cereal (Rice Krispies - you can use gluten-free!)
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate
- 1 cup peanut butter (or your favourite but butter)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or agave syrup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Prepare an 8 x 8-inch baking pan by lining with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the puffed rice cereal in a large mixing bowl and leave on the side for now.
- In another microwave safe mixing bowl, combine all the other ingredients and heat until melted. Whisk to combine.
- Add the mixture with the rice cereal and mix until its well combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and refrigerate until firm, for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into bars or squares.