Finding new recipes all the time can be hard and tiring. Especially with a busy schedule! We simply don't have time to cook long and elaborated meals every single day. This recipe by Easy Weeknight Recipes is perfect for the whole family! You can serve on its own or with a side of your favourite protein.
- 16 ounces spaghetti (your favourite brand)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Start by cooking the pasta according to the directions on the package. Note: do not drain the cooking water right away.
- In the meantime, you can get started on the sauce. Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the garlic until fragrant.
- Set the heat to medium-high and add the cream cheese and ⅔ cup of the cooking pasta water. Whisk until well combined.
- Add in the parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. The cheese will already give the sauce a salty taste so make sure to try it first. You can add a little cooking water if needed.
- Now you can drain the spaghetti. Add the cream cheese sauce over the cooked drained spaghetti and stir.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
Will you give this recipe a try?
Source: Easy Week Night Recipes · Photo Credit: Easy Week Night Recipes