Delicious as a side dish or to bring to BBQs this summer! A must try!
- 2 large heads fresh broccoli
- 1 small red onion (diced)
- ½ lb bacon
- ¾ cup raisins or craisins
- 1 red apple, (chopped but not peeled)
- ¾ cup almonds (sliced)
- 1 cup favourite mayonnaise
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Start by cooking the bacon using your favourite method. We recommend to cook bacon in a deep skillet on medium high heat until brown. Remove and place on a paper towel to drain and cool. Once cool crumble the bacon.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets. Combine with the bacon, red onion, raisins, almonds, and apples and mix well.
- To make the dressing: whisk the mayonnaise, sugar, white wine vinegar, salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir the dressing on the salad and toss to combine well. Let chill before serving. Enjoy!