The good weather is finally here and it's time to leave the stews and other comforting dishes for lighter and fresher recipes!
Salads are a good option in this season. But who says "salads" does not mean boring leafy bowls!
We recently shared the Greek watermelon salad. Another good option for this summer? Tomatoes, cucumbers and avocados!
What a beautiful blend of flavors and textures here! A beautiful bowl of vitamins! Plus, it's so easy to prepare! Ideal for a quick dinner on the patio.
Here's how to prepare this must-have for summer 2020:
- 1 or 2 large avocado, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups (500 mL) halved red cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 mL) halved yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 or 2 English cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the lemon juice over the avocados.
- Place the avocado, tomato, cucumber, onion and feta chunks in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and pour over the salad.
- Add the parsley and mix well.
Enjoy your meal!
Source: Chef Cuisto · Photo Credit: Chef Cuisto