A delicious meal that is ready in 20 minutes with prawns and a fabulous honey and garlic sauce.
- 1/3 cup (90 ml) honey
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, hulled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil olive
- shallots, to garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce and garlic.
- Place the shrimp in a large ziplock bag. Add half of the sauce. Shake vigorously so the sauce cover the shrimp well. Marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes (or 24 hours). Refrigerate the rest of the marinade.
- While the shrimp marinate, steam the broccoli and your favourite rice.
- Heat some olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for about 1 minute. Add the remaining sauce. Cook the shrimp for a few more minutes.
- Serve with hot sauce and garnish with shallots. Serve with brown rice and broccoli. Enjoy!