Meatballs will never be dry or boring with this delicious recipe! Bacon wrapped meatballs little bombs are something else! A must try, here's how to make it.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (or dried)
- 1/4 cup onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (your favourite brand)
- 2 small onions
- 1 packaging of bacon
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, chopped parsley, diced onion, garlic, Panko breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and barbecue sauce.
- Using your hands, shape into small meatballs and set aside. You can use an ice-cream scoop so all your meatballs are the same size.
- Cut the two onions in half (lengthwise) and separate all the layers apart. Take a layer of onion and cover every meatballs with a couples of slices. You might need to add some ground meat if needed. Try to make them as round as possible.
- Wrap each of the meatballs with two to three slices of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Bake at 425 F for approximately 40 minutes or even better if you have a smoker, set the smoker to full smoke and cook for 1 full hour. Then, lower the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for an additional 45 minutes. Enjoy!
Tip: When using a meat thermometer, the meatballs should have an internal temperature of 175 F.
Watch the recipe below:
This recipe is definitely not diet friendly, but is is ok to treat ourselves sometimes!