Serve the digestive as a dessert! What a good idea! The Bailey's mousse we are showing you today is not for kids, it's for adults only. Creamy at will, light as a feather, this divine dessert will take you straight to heaven.
Impossible to resist: your guests will fall in love at first bite.
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) gelatin
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cold water
- ¼ cup (65 ml) boiling water
- ½ cup (125 g) sugar
- 2 tablespoons (16 g) cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cup (375 ml) cream (35%, cold)
- ½ cup (125 mL) Bailey's Irish Cream, cold
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Before starting, put the bowl and beater whisk in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water in a small bowl. Stir and let stand 1 minute.
- Add boiling water. Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Let cool.
- Put the sugar and cocoa in a large bowl and add the cream.
- Whisk at medium-high speed until firm peaks form.
- Gradually pour in Bailey's, vanilla and gelatin mixture, continuing to whisk at high speed until soft peaks are formed.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Place in serving glasses and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
The following video allows you to see in detail the preparation steps to create this heavenly dessert. Your guests will not be able to resist and they will ask you for seconds!