Many people like to take advantage of summer to eat outside and especially enjoy delicious food made on the barbecue. But besides grilling burgers and sausages, you can also cook dessert on the grill!
Here are 3 delicious recipes featuring bananas, to make on the barbecue!
1. Chocolate Bananas
The banana and chocolate combination is always a winner! On the barbecue, it's fabulous!
- a chocolate bar
- Open the bananas and keep the peel
- Make a slit with a knife on top of the bananas, avoiding cutting them in half.
- Place chocolate squares in the slot you just created.
- Wrap each banana in aluminum foil and place them on the barbecue grill.
- Once the chocolate is melted, you can enjoy this simple, but tasty dessert.
Be careful, it's hot!
2. Caramelized Bananas
Here you can add a touch of rum to the bananas! Yum!
- 8 bananas
- 250 ml (1 cup) brown sugar
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) ground cloves
- 1 nutmeg or 5 ml ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 g) butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dark rum (optional)
- Slice the bananas in half lengthwise, keeping the peel.
- Place the bananas on a serving platter, with the inside of the banana on top.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Brush the bananas with maple syrup and sprinkle them with the sugar and spice mixture.
- Preheat the grill at high temperature.
- Place the bananas on the hot grill, the inside on top and grill until the sugar is caramelized.
- Rotate the bananas and cook until the peel comes off the inside.
- Remove the bananas from the heat and place on a serving plate.
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Add the pecans and fry them in the butter.
- Pour the pecan mixture over the bananas.
For the version with rum:
- Reheat the rum in a small fireproof pan on one side of the grill. (Do not let it boil or even become too hot to the touch).
- Remove the pan from the heat, light a long match and use it to ignite the rum.
- Pour the flaming rum over the bananas and serve immediately.
3. Surprise Bananas!
Young and old will love this fabulous dessert!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 250 ml (1 cup) dark chocolate, milk or caramel nuggets
- 12 medium marshmallows, cut in half
- Open the bananas in half with a knife, not passing through the peel.
- Garnish the inside of each banana with ¼ cup of chocolate chips (or caramel) and three marshmallows.
- Wrap the bananas in aluminum foil and place on the barbecue grill for about 7 minutes.
Which recipe will you try first?