Everybody love potatoes, they make a perfect accompaniment to several dishes. However, you might have run out of ideas on how to make them differently.
This is why we come to your rescue by offering you volcanoes of flavors! The volcano potatoes!
They are delicious on the BBQ, but this fall and winter, you can also make them in the oven inside the house.
Here's how to prepare them. Warning! Risk of addiction!
- 4 medium sized potatoes, washed and brushed
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup (125 g) ham cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) grated cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions (for garnish)
- Olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat the grill (or oven) to 400 ° F (200 ° C).
2. Brush the potatoes with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
2. Wrap the potatoes in aluminum foil and bake for about 20 minutes.
3. Take out the potatoes and unwrap them.
4. "Sit" each potato on its largest part and cut small slits in it to make them "stand".
5. Open the top of the potato and scoop out part of it using a spoon.
6. Wrap each potato with 2 slices of bacon. (Use toothpicks to keep bacon in place).
7. Add the ham and cheese to the potato.
8. Place the potatoes on the grill for about 35 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through. (You can do this step in the oven too).
9. Sprinkle with green onion and serve.
Be ready for an explosion of flavors on your plate!
Source: Chef Cuisto · Photo Credit: Chef Cuisto