I think I could easily eat this dish several times a week!
This pan-grilled chicken is covered with crispy bacon and creamy honey mustard sauce. Plus, this easy chicken dish only takes one pan and 30 minutes of your time.
- ¼ lb. bacon, chopped
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts (or chicken legs)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup cream
- 2 teaspoons of corn starch mixed with 2 teaspoons of water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Set aside.
- Leave about 1 tablespoon of bacon fat in the skillet and add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 3 minutes each side. (You do not need to cook the chicken completely at this stage). Set aside.
- Add the mustard, minced garlic, honey, milk, and cream in the skillet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch and the water, then pour into the sauce.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Put the chicken back in the skillet and coat the breasts well with the sauce.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
This recipe makes 4 servings.