Creamy chocolate cherries with adorable mouse faces that kids will love to cook and eat. Here is your new must for the holidays!
An adorable recipe, which will garnish beautifully your festive table, or that will make a wonderful gift for your loved ones or your children's teachers.
The problem is that they are almost too cute to eat!
Your children will love preparing these edible mice while waiting for Christmas Eve. Maybe they'll leave one under the tree for Santa?
Create an "assembly line" and have the kids help you make these cute little critters.
Notes: You will need to find maraschino cherries with stems, because you need stems to make the tails.
Any cases of peanut allergy among the guests? No problem! Although this recipe calls for peanut halves to make ears, you can easily change them for sliced almonds, candied fruit pieces or small pieces of marshmallow.
Here's how to prepare your mice:
1 cup (250 g) milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon (5 g) vegetable shortening
20 maraschino cherries with their stems
20 Hershey's Kisses
20 unsalted peanuts, cut in half
20 cinnamon candies or other small red candies
1. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or on the stove. Stir until smooth.
2. Plunge a cherry into the chocolate by holding it by the stem.
3. Press a Hershey's Kiss on the cherry.
4. Press peanut halves or two sliced almonds between the cherry and the Hershey's Kiss to make ears.
5. Place the mice on wax paper until the chocolate dries.
6. Make dots with white icing for the eyes.
7. Put some melted chocolate on a bright red candy and place it on the Hershey's Kiss nose.(Or make a nose with white, red, or pink icing).
If you wish, you can also put each mouse on half an Oreo biscuit (with the cream)
Easy and super pretty!
These tasty mice will bring Nutcracker-like magic to your holiday table. They will make everyone smile!
Source: Favorite Family Recipes · Photo Credit: Facebook