Cabbage is probably the most underrated vegetable! But yet it is a very healthy and versatile vegetable.
Fried cabbage is such a simple but delicious dish that can be enjoyed on its own or as a side dish. It only requires a few ingredients and is very flavourful. This recipe is the perfect combination of cabbage and bacon that is low-carb and Keto friendly!
- 6 thick slices bacon, chopped (you can also use sausage)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large head green cabbage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning or smoked paprika (to taste)
- Start by cooking the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Transfer cooked bacon to a plate but do not discard bacon drippings.
- Sauté the onion in the bacon grease until caramelized for about 8 minutes. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the cabbage and cook for a about 8 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Season with the chicken bouillon, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning (or paprika).
- Return bacon to the pan with the cabbage. Serve warm, enjoy!
Do you like cabbage?