Cauliflower has really become a popular vegetable lately! There are so many ways to incorporate that vegetable into meals; cauliflower rice, cauliflower pizza dough and even cauliflower "wings"! This appetizer idea is really easy and incredibly delicious. You can serve it on its own or with a dipping sauce such as buffalo or blue cheese, yum!
- 1 Whole Cauliflower
- 1/2 Cup All-purpose flour
- 2 Large Eggs (beaten)
- 1 Cup breadcrumbs (Panko preferred)
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan (grated)
- 3 Tablespoons Cajun seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- Start by breading the cauliflower. To do so, place flour in a shallow dish and the beaten egg in a separate dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and cajun seasoning if using.
- Woking in small batches, toss the cauliflower pieces in the flour, dip in the egg and toss in breadcrumb mix. Make sure that they are evenly coated.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the breaded cauliflower until golden and crispy. Remove and place on plate lined with paper towels. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe below!
Have you tried swapping carbs with cauliflower?