It's apple season ! Every year, at the end of September, it is a tradition, family or friends go pick apples together into an orchard on a sunny afternoon. We take a good breath of fresh air, we climb the ladders to find the perfect red apple . . . and we eat some while we are there !
Well, what better way to celebrate local flavors than cooking a delicious dessert with these apples ! That's why we present you today this caramel apple crisp bites recipe.
So here is how to prepare these delicious caramel apple crisp bites, to enjoy after a long day in the orchard :
- 2 cups Graham crackers crumbs
- 12 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 4 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Caramel topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Grease a mini-muffin pan with 24 compartments. Melt the butter.
2. In a medium size bowl, mix Graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar, then gradually add butter by mixing with a spoon. You may not need to add all the butter. Pour until you got the desired consistency.
3. Evenly distribute the mixture into the 24 mini muffin cups. Press along the bottom and sides to make a "cup"
4. Bake for about 5 minutes and let cool completely.
5. Mix apples, sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl
6. Transfer to baking dish and bake at 375 ° F for 15 minutes, or until apples are slightly softened.
7. Scoop a teaspoon or so of the apple mix and place on top of the Graham cracker crust cups (while still in the muffin pan)
8. Sprinkle any extra Graham cracker crumbs on top of the apples
9. Bake at 350 ° F for 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
10. Use a knife to loosen from pan and they should pop right out.
11. Drizzle with caramel topping and enjoy !
Note : This caramel apple crisp bites recipe gives approximately 24 servings.