It is finally our favourite time of the year! The holidays are right around the corner and it is time to get the old cooking books and start cooking delicious recipe for the whole family. If this year you wish to make a great classic, you have to try these gingerbread snowballs cookies, they will melt in your mouth! Here's the recipe.
- 1 cup unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Prepare two cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- Using an electric hand mixer, mix the butter until you achieve a fluffy consistency, for about 20 seconds.
- Add in confectioners sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, and molasses and mix until mixture is smooth.
- Mix in flour until a dough forms. Note: this will take a few minutes of mixing and be very crumbly at first, just keep mixing.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon, spoon 1 tablespoon of dough and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottom part is just slightly brown. Remove and let cool for a minute or two.
- In a small mixing bowl, pour extra confectioners sugar and roll each cookie until well coated. Place them on a cooling rack. Re-roll if needed. Enjoy!
Will you be doing anything different this year for the holidays? What are you go-to recipes?