If you like Oreos cookies and red velvet flavour then you absolutely have to try this red velvet Oreo balls recipe by Butter With a Side of Bread! They also make a great treat for Valentine's day for your partner or your little one - you can even ask them to help out!
- 1 package of Oreo Cookies - Red Velvet Edition (Finely crushed)
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened (your favourite brand)
- 2 1/2 cups melting white chocolate
* For the drizzle you will need: 10 red melting chocolate wafers and 5 of your favourite semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Start by crushing the Oreo cookies, you can use a small food processor or a blender. We recommend doing half the cookies at the time.
- Mix the softened cream cheese with the mixture you did in step 1.
- Using a cookie scoop, measure about 1.5 tablespoon of the cookie mixture and form a ball.
- Place the balls on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie pan.
- Put the pan in the freezer for about 20 to 30 minutes before dipping them.
- Melt the candy coating or the baking chocolate using a microwave (about 1 minute and a half). Stir the mixture until it's smooth or return in the microwave if needed.
- Dip the ball in the chocolate and place them back on the cookie pan.
- Using a Ziploc sandwich bag, microwave the red wafers and the semi-sweet chocolate chips for about 40 seconds. Combine the colors by massaging the back. With scissors, snip a corner of the bag and then drizzle each ball with chocolate. You an also add Valentine's sprinkles :-)
Watch the recipe:
Will you be trying this treat for Valentine's day? Who will you be making it for - yourself or your loved ones? We all deserve a treat!