Everybody loves cheese, potatoes and bacon! Why not combine all these delicious ingredient into a delicious and creamy soup. This meal is perfect for the colder months coming very shortly!
- 8 cups (2000 mL) potato (peeled and cut)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cups (500 mL) carrots, diced
- 12 cups (3000 mL) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml) butter
- 1 1/2 (375 ml) flour
- 1 3/4 (440 ml) grated cheese (cheddar or mozzarella recommended)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bacon, pieces
- Peel and slice all the vegetables then place them in a large pot. Fill with water and bring to a boil, cook the vegetables until tender.
- Remove the water and set aside.
- In the biggest pot you have (it makes a lot of soup!), melt the butter over medium heat. Then add the flour and mix well until combined. Add in the chicken broth and bring to a boil while stirring.
- When the soup begins to thicken, add the cheese, cooked vegetables and bacon.
- Let simmer for a few more minutes. Enjoy!
You can also replace the cheese by Cheese Whiz!
What is your favourite soup recipe?