We all love a recipe that is delicious and easy to make! While chicken and rice can be quite dry and boring, this recipe is the opposite!
- 3 cups chicken broth (about 2 cans)
- 2 (10.5 oz) cans cream of celery soup
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups white rice (uncooked!)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated, optional)
- Start by preheating the oven to 375°F and prepare a 9x13-inch baking dish by greasing. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken broth, cream of celery soup, and butter, stir. Cut the chicken in cubes or in half. Mix the rice with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and thyme.
- Pour rice mixture into prepared baking dish and make sure to cover tightly with aluminum foil. Put the chicken pieces on top. Bake until rice is cooked through and chicken is tender for about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes. If wanted, sprinkle cheese over the top before returning to oven. Let rest 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Note: To ensure the dish is tightly covered with aluminium foil, you can do two layers.
You can even switch up the recipe by using cream of chicken or mushrooms instead of the celery!