Making you own cake can be intimidating especially if you are receiving guests. But not with this easy recipe from Delish! This Easter Bunny Cake Recipe is so easy and require store-bought cake mix (it can be your little secret!) it's perfect for Easter, of course, but also a child's birthday or party! See below how to make it at home.
- Cooking spray
- 1 box of store cake mix (plus ingredients required for the box)
- 1 tub of vanilla frosting
- Blue food colouring
- Candies for decoration (such as Necco wafers, cotton candy, licorice, rock candy or sprinkles, and pastel M&Ms)
- Start by preheating the oven to 350º and prepare two 8" cake pans with cooking spray and line with parchment.
- Make the cake mix according to the package directions and divide batter among the two prepared pans. Bake until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool down for 15 minutes in pans, then transfer the cakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut two ovals out of 1 cake to create the ears.
- The remaining cake between the ears is the bunny's bowtie.
- With some of the frosting, attach the ears to top of second cake and bow tie to bottom of second cake.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together 1/2 cup frosting and blue food coloring. Frost the ears and face of cake with remaining vanilla frosting and frost bowtie with blue frosting. You can customize to your own favourite colors!
- Now it's time to decorate the bunny’s face: Place two wafers for the eyes, a gummy for the nose, and cotton candy and licorice rope for the whiskers. Sprinkle the ears with rock candy, sprinkles, or sanding sugar. Decorate bow tie with pastel candies. But there is really no rules! Let the little ones help!
Watch the video below for even more details.
Easy enough? What are you baking for Easter?