Eating healthy, not always easy! But it doesn't have to be this way. If you are not a fan of leafy green salads, you should try this delicious Mediterranean chickpea salad recipe! It is good tasting but also very filling. You can also add a protein, such as chicken, if you wish. You probably have most of the ingredients already at home. Scroll down below to see the recipe.
For the salad:
- 2 cans (15 ounce) quality chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2/3 cup chopped bell pepper (red / yellow / orange mixture)
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 12 Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Watch the recipe below.
Do you like chickpeas? You should try them in this delicious recipe!