You can't resist to these delicious salted caramel brownies !
Because we have the right to eat a delicious treat from time to time, today we present you how to prepare the best salted caramel brownies :
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE BROWNIE :
- Non stick cooking spray, for greasing
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter ( 1 1/2 sticks ), melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup and 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups of soft caramel candy
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE CARAMEL TOPPING :
- 1 1/2 cups soft caramel candy
- 1/4 cup of cream 35%
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish and line with a sheet of parchment paper.
2. Prepare the brownie. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk until ingredients are well combined. Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt, then mix well. Finish by adding the chocolate chips and mixing well.
3. Pour half of the mixture into the bottom of the baking dish and spread to obtain an even layer. Arrange the caramel candies in a single layer over the mixture. Then pour the rest of the mixture to cover the caramel.
4. Bake for 35 minutes or until the center of the brownie is cooked. Take out of the oven and let cool down.
5. Make the caramel topping. Combine the caramel candies and heavy cream 35% in a medium sized microwavable bowl. Microwave for 1 minute in 30-second intervals, stirring between each until the mixture is thick and velvety.
6. Pour the caramel topping over the brownies. Let set for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt. Slice evenly and serve. Enjoy !
Note : This recipe for salted caramel brownies gives about 16 servings.