Unique and delicious, this meatball stew is one more proof that a classic never dies.
- 2 pounds of half-lean ground pork
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) flour
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine ground pork, cloves, onions, cinnamon, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Form meatballs with the ground pork, then roll them in flour.
- In a large skillet or saucepan, melt the butter and brown the meatballs.
- Add boiling water, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour with a little cold water.
- Pour into the pan.
- Let simmer until the sauce thickens.
Source: Chef cuisto · Photo Credit: Istock