Christmas is approaching very fast and you might be looking for new ideas to add magic to this already exceptional season. If you have children, you probably like to find ways to surprise them and make them smile. What better way to do this than a succulent treat, presented in a super fun way?
How about making cookies decorated with melting snowmen? They will love it!
- 1 roll of 16.5 oz refrigerated sugar cookie dough (Pillsbury style).
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup (57 g) all-purpose flour
- 12 marshmallows
- Red, white and black cookie frosting.
- 2 pastry pencils, one black and one orange
1. Place the sugar cookie dough, egg yolk and all-purpose flour in a large bowl.
2. Beat using an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
3. Place 12 cookie dough balls, about 2 tablespoons apart, on cookie sheets lined with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
4. Refrigerate dough balls for 15 minutes.
5. Heat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C)
6. Bake refrigerated cookies for 12 to 14 minutes, or until lightly browned.
7. Let cool completely before decorating.
8. Draw eyes and a mouth on the marshmallows using the black edible marker.
9. Draw the nose using the edible orange marker. Put aside.
10. On the cooled cookies, draw “snow” using the white icing. (TIP: Draw the outline of the puddle, then go back and fill in the shape).
11. While the frosting is still wet, place a marshmallow on one side of the cookie.
12. Form the arms and buttons with the black icing and the scarf with the red icing.
To watch the video tutorial for these cookies, it's here:
You can invite the kids to decorate these snowmen with you, or surprise them when they get home from school or daycare. Unless you prepare them for the coming of Santa Claus?
NOTE: You can of course use your favorite cookie recipe!
Source: Kitchen Fun With My Tree Sons · Photo Credit: Facebook