We can all agree that fresh cherry tomatoes are delicious. But what to do when we have bought a large quantity or our vegetable garden has produced tons of it? Here are two great ideas to prepare these yummy little tomatoes and garnish your next meals!
1. Marinated tomatoes
This delicious marinated tomato recipe is so tasty, you're going to want to make it all the time. They are perfect during summer summer time, when you want to enjoy something light and refreshing.
- 2 pounds (about 1 kilo) red, orange and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, (sliced in chiffonade)
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp ( 7.5 ml) rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
1. Wash the cherry tomatoes and drain them by placing on paper towels.
2. Cut the tomatoes in half and put them in a large bowl.
3. Peel the red onion, cut it into slices into a chiffonade and add it to the tomatoes.
4. Wash and chop the fresh basil.
5. Add the minced garlic and mix everything.
6. In a small mixing bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, brown sugar and oregano, and pour over tomatoes and onions.
7. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper and mix well.
8. Place the tomato mixture in individual small glass containers and serve as a side. Enjoy!
2. Tomato confit
The confit cherry tomatoes are a must during the summer season. They will add a beautiful color to many dishes.
You can flavor them with oyur favorite herbs. It’s just perfect!
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon thyme and basil (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt, to taste
- A little extra virgin olive oil
1. Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half.
2. Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Chop the garlic and season the cherry tomatoes with a sprinkle of brown sugar, garlic, salt and aromatic herbs.
4. Preheat the oven to 302 ° F (150 ° C) and bake for 1.5 to 2 hours, depending on the size of the tomatoes.
5. Add a few drops of oil if desired.
The confit tomatoes are ready to eat!
Source: Mes recettes / Kitchen Fun With My Three Sons · Photo Credit: Mes recettes / Kitchen Fun With My Three Sons