Do you find that your grocery shopping cart is expensive and you would like to make more home-cooked food ? If you have a large family and you eat a lot of bread, cooking your own bread would be a much cheaper solution. And it's very easy to make !
Today, we suggest you a homemade bread recipe that does not require the use of a bread machine.
It is very easy, there is nothing better than a freshly baked homemade bread. You need basic ingredients to make this bread.
Ingredients for the bread :
- 2¼ teaspoons ( 1 packet) of active dry yeast
- 2¼ cups warm water
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 5 ½ to 6 ½ cups flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve active dry yeast in hot water with a pinch of sugar. When the yeast is bubbly and frothy, add the sugar, salt, oil and 4 cups of flour, then stir until the texture is homogenous.
- Add the remaining flour, ½ cup at a time, to form a smooth dough. The dough should remain slightly sticky, but not too much.
- Knead the dough for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Form a ball and place the dough in an oiled bowl, roll the dough to completely coat it with oil, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let it sit for an hour, or until the dough has doubled in volume.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll each half of the dough into a long rectangle about 8 inches wide. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Place the dough in a slightly greased bread pan, cover and let the dough raise for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Admit that the recipe seems delicious ! In addition to being super delicious, it is super easy to achieve.
If you enjoyed this project, let your friends also enjoy this awesome article by sharing it on your Facebook timeline !