This Italian-style ground beef casserole is the ideal weekday dinner. Full of flavor and ready in less than an hour, the whole family will love it! With its pronounced taste of cheese and tomato, it is safe to say that this is a nice and comforting dish to serve this autumn, to the delight of all.
So here's how to prepare this delicious Italian-style ground beef casserole:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 box of 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, with the juice
- 1 can (10 oz) Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups of raw egg noodles
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 oz sour cream
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1.Cook the ground beef in a large pan over medium heat until it is no longer pink. Using a wooden spoon, crumble the beef while cooking.
2.Add the two boxes of tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, sugar, Italian seasoning and pepper. Mix and simmer over low heat while preparing the remaining ingredients.
3.Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Cook the egg noodles according to package directions and drain well.
4.In a medium bowl, combine noodles, green onions, sour cream and cream cheese.
5.Spread the noodle mixture in a greased 13x9-inch dish. Add the meat and sprinkle with mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan cheese.
6.Spray an aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray and cover the dish with the sprayed side underneath.
7.Bake for 35 minutes, then remove the aluminum foil and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Note:This Italian-style ground beef casserole gives about 6 servings.