If you are craving a good old Big Mac but you are determined to stick to your diet or your New Year's resolution, you can try this Low-Carb Big Mac recipe! You can still enjoy your favourite burger without feeling too guilty.
- 1 pound of ground beef (learn or extra-lean)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup your favourite brand mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon relish
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 leaves of butter lettuce (whole)
- 1 sliced tomato
- 2 sliced pickles
1. Using a large bowl combine the ground beef with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper with your hands or a spoon.
2. Shape the mixture into four patties and place them on a plate covered with aluminum foil. Freeze for 30 minutes.
3. For the sauce; using a medium mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, ketchup, relish, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt. Mix everything well and cover with a plastic wrap then set aside in the refrigerator.
4. Heat olive oil (or your favourite oil) in a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat.
5. Cook the patties for 5 to 7 minutes per side, until patties are fully cooked through.
6. Top with cheddar cheese and cover let the cheese melt (for about 2-3 minutes).
7. Set out two large pieces of lettuce.
8. Add the two tomato slices and pickles (if you want) in the center, and place two patties on top side by side.
9. Drizzle with the sauce you previously made from the fridge.
Will you be trying out this low-carb recipe?