There is probably millions of recipe to cook chicken. Different techniques, spices and marinades. But sometimes there is simply no need for anything fancy, complicated and expensive. Basic stuff can be really tasty, and sometimes even better! Just like this "recipe" that only requires salt! Now, that's a staple everybody has in their kitchen.
- Whole chicken
- Salt the chicken to lock in moisture and flavor at least 1 to 3 hours before cooking.
- Remove from the refrigerator 10 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Place the chicken skin side up on a rimmed sheet pan and cook for 10 minutes. Rotate the chicken after 10 minutes and a few more times after that. Cook until golden brown.
- Once the chicken has a nice golden brown color, set the oven to 250°F and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- You can cut the chicken in small pieces. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe below.
Do you like simple recipes? Or do you like more elaborated dishes?