Do you like everything pickled? Try this delicious pickled beets recipe! You won't ever buy them at the grocery store anymore!
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1/2 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 medium sweet onion (sliced)
- 6 medium whole roasted beets (peeled)
Note : Roast the beets on a baking sheet coated with olive oil. Put in the oven at 425 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until they are tender. Leet cool down and peel the skin using your hands or a peeler.
- Boil the vinegar, water, sugar, peppercorns, coriander seed and cinnamon in a medium saucepan.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat to low and add in the onion. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Divide the roasted beets in your canning jars - do not pack the beets tightly.
- Pour the brine and onion in the jars to cover the beets and let sit in room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes. It has to cool down.
- Seat the jars and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Watch the video below!
Yum! What is your favourite pickled vegetable?
Source: Recipe Girl · Photo Credit: Adobe Stock