A delicious recipe for your next BBQ! Chicken skewers marinaded in sour cream!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 large cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons of cilantro or parsley to add to dipping sauce and for garnish (optional)
- 3 lbs chicken breasts cut in small cubes (you can also use thighs)
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 5-6 skewers (if bamboo, soaked in water first)
Note: You will get extra marinade that you can use as dipping sauce!
- Make the marinade by combining the sour cream, olive oil, tomato paste, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, cumin, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Create the chicken skewers by alternating chicken and red onion.
- Using a brush, apply a generous amount of marinade on the chicken skewers and cover using a plastic wrap. Let sit for a least 2 hours. Don't forget to set aside some of the marinade to use a dipping sauce, you don't want to use the same mixture that touched the raw chicken!
- Preheat your BBQ to medium-high and grill the skewers for about 6 to 8 minutes per side. They should reach 165 degrees F.
- If you want, add chopped cilantro to parsley to the dipping sauce and spoon over the skewers or serve on the side. Enjoy!