Looking for snacks to satisfy your children who tell you 20 times a day " Mom, I'm hungry ! ! ! ". We have found a recipe that will please both children and moms because it will satisfy their desire of sugar, even if this recipe is not very sugary.
This no-bake recipe made from oats, chocolate and peanut butter is perfect for your little cravings.
This recipe is easy to make so it can be a very nice recipe to introduce our children to cooking. As it does not require any cooking it is really an ideal recipe to introduce them to the culinary world and make them want to cook more often.
Ingredients to make chocolate oatmeal peanut butter bars :
- 1 cup of butter
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups oats
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon. kosher salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of peanut butter
- Line a 8-inch-by-8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Heat until the butter is melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add oats, cinnamon and kosher salt. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour half of the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread out the mixture evenly, pressing down.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Heat for 40 seconds, until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour ⅘ of the chocolate mixture into the pan over the pressed oats.
- Top with the remaining oats and drizzle with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate mixture.
- Put into the fridge for 4 hours, cut into squares.
The following video allows you to view in detail each steps of preparation, to make these delicious chocolate oatmeal peanut butter bars that will delight little ones and grown-ups.
If you enjoyed this recipe, let your friends also enjoy this awesome article by sharing it on your Facebook timeline !