Stir fries are great when you have extra vegetables in your fridge that you need to use. Don't hesitate to add ingredients to this recipe according to your needs.
- 1 pound of steak cut into strips
- 2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 red pepper cut into pieces
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 onion cut into large pieces
- 1 broccoli crown
- Mushrooms (1 container)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Canola oil
- Sesame oil
- 3 to 4 teaspoons of sriracha
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, water, mirin, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, garlic powder, and cornstarch.
- Pour half of the mixture into a large Ziploc bag or plastic container and add beef strips. Marinate for 30 to 90 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a wok, add the marinated beef and discard the used marinade. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring at half-time. Remove the steak, cover and keep warm.
- Add another tablespoon of sesame oil and cook the broccoli for about 1-2 minutes, then add the peppers and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, the snow peas and the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove all the vegetables from the wok and add the rest of the marinade. Bring to a boil and simmer until the stir-fry thickens.
- Put the beef and cooked vegetables back in the wok.
- Add 3-4 teaspoons of sriracha to taste.
Source: Recipe adapted from Small Town Woman · Photo Credit: istock