How about some hearty and comforting soup made with beef, tomatoes and macaroni tonight?
Take a look at the recipe that follows and that will certainly become a classic dish in your home this winter. Children and adults alike will love it!
- 1 pound (454 g) ground beef
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) onion powder
- 3 teaspoons (15 mL) minced garlic
- 4 14.5-oz cans (4 x 428 ml) beef broth
- 2 28-oz cans (2 x 793 g) diced tomatoes
- ½ cup (125 mL) ketchup
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Italian seasoning
- 2 cups (500 mL) dry macaroni
- Garlic salt and / or garlic pepper, to taste
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
- In a large saucepan, add ground beef, garlic and onion powder.
- Cook until the beef is no longer pink. Drain the fat.
- Add broth, canned tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, ketchup and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the dry macaroni.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese, if desired.
Watch the following video for the steps to this recipe:
Note: this recipe gives 12 servings.