You will feel like you are eating at a great restaurants with this delicious recipe! Scallop seared in white wine with a butter sauce. All in simplicity, but yet so delicious!
- 5-6 large scallops
- 1/3 cup (85 mL) white wine
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) white onion
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) cold butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon (22 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoon (22 ml) fresh chopped green onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) tarragon, thyme or fresh marjoram
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Carefully place the scallops in a hot pan. Sear the scallops for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the scallops and keep them warm in an oven at 150 degrees F.
- In the same pan, add the wine to deglaze the pan, use a wooden spoon to scrape the pan.
- Add the onions and bring the wine to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
- Over low heat, add the butter in small batches about 1 tablespoon at a time. Add the green onion and parsley and your favorite herbs.