Do you miss your daily coffee run? Nothing seems better now than a delicious Starbucks Latte and a slice of Lemon Loaf! Well, good news - you can make your own Starbucks Lemon Loaf with this Copycat recipe! A little bit of sweetness in this dark time.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 5 lemons, you will need zest and juice
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt (greek)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup reserved lemon juice (from the 5 lemons)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup reserved lemon juice (from the 5 lemons)
- 2-4 tbsp heavy cream (or milk)
- First, zest and juice the 5 lemons. It should give approximately 1 cup juice that you will set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with sugar until its fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add in the eggs gradually one at a time and beat until its fully incorporated. Add the lemon zest, 1/4 cup of lemon juice, and vanilla extract and beat again.
- Add the flour and the yogurt alternatively in the mixture until its fully combined (in about 3 additions) while still beating.
- Pour the batter in two greased 9x5-inch loaf pans and bake at 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes. Cover loosely with aluminium foil and bake an additional 20-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Remove from the oven.
- In a small saucepan, whisk the simple syrup ingredients over low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Poke holes in the lemon loaf with a toothpick and pour the syrup over loaves. Remove from pan and let cool down on wire rack.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the sugar, remaining lemon juice and heavy cream. Adjust the amount cream to get desired consistency. Pour the glaze over cooled bread and allow about 15 minutes for it to set. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe!