Who doesn't love banana bread? Recipes vary, but the taste is often the same! But with the recipe below, it will definitely be the best you ever had!
This banana bread has a texture that is both soft and fluffy and its cream cheese and lemon frosting only adds to the pleasure!
In order to make the recipe at its best, however, please follow these tips:
1) All of your ingredients must be at room temperature at the time of preparation.
2) You need to use milk. Any substitute will slightly alter the texture of the bread.
3) The cooking time may vary depending on your oven. Check the condition of your bread when it is 55 minutes in the oven. Check using a toothpick for best results.
A dessert that will delight the palate of the whole family!
For the Banana bread
- 1 1/3 cup mashed bananas
- 2.5 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1.5 cup milk
- 3 cup of flour
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the frosting
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- zest from a lemon
1. In a measuring cup, mix the lemon juice and milk. Let it sit.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
3. In a second bowl, mix the butter, sugar and brown sugar.
4. In a third bowl, mix the vanilla and eggs.
5. Then mix the contents of all the bowls with the lemon juice and milk mixture. Add the bananas and continue mixing until all the ingredients are well combined. Pour the mixture into a pre-greased baking dish.
6. Bake the cake for 60 to 70 minutes in the oven at a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. To do this, first mix the butter and the cream cheese until the texture is smooth. Then add the zest and lemon juice.
8. Gradually add the sugar to the mixture until its smooth.
9. Then take the cake out of the oven and let it cool. Finally spread the frosting over the cake. Do not hesitate to add a slice of banana on each part for a better look.
Review all the preparation steps in the video below:
Let us know what do you think of this recipe once you've made it!