This Italian ground beef casserole is the perfect weekday dinner. Full of flavors and ready in less than an hour, everyone in the family will love it !
With its pronounced flavour of cheese and tomatoes, we can say that this is a nice and comforting dish to serve this autumn, everybody will love this italian ground beef casserole.
So here is how to prepare this delicious italian ground beef casserole :
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE ITALIAN GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE :
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz) Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups of uncooked egg noodles
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 container (8 oz) of sour cream
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THE ITALIAN GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE :
1. Cook the minced meat in a large skillet over medium heat until it is no longer pink. Using a wooden spoon, crumble the beef while cooking.
2. Add the two cans of tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, sugar, Italian seasoning and pepper. Mix and simmer over low heat while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Cook egg noodles according to package directions and drain well.
4. In a medium bowl, combine noodles, green onions, sour cream and cream cheese together.
5. Spread the noodle mixture in a greased 13x9 dish. Add the meat on top and sprinkle with mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan cheeses.
6. Spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray and place cooking spray side down on top of baking dish.
7. Bake for 35 minutes, then remove the aluminum foil and cook another 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy !
Note : This Italian ground beef casserole gives about 6 servings.