Fall is the perfect season to get back to baking! Why not use one of this season best ingredient; pumpkin to bake delicious muffins that the whole family will enjoy. These aren't just regular pumpkin muffins, they contain a delicious sweet cream cheese mixture that will melt into the muffins as they bake!
FOR THE MUFFINS:
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE SWIRL:
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Start by preheating your oven to 375°F/190°C. Prepare your muffin pan by lining with paper or silicon baking cups. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Whisk in the flour mixture in small batches and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Fill muffin tins until 3/4 full with the mixture.
- To make the cream cheese swirl, beat creme cheese in a medium mixing bowl until you achieve a smooth consistency. Add in the sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture on top of the muffins. Use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter for a prettier final look.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe!
These muffins are rated 5 stars on the Internet! Try the recipe and let us know what you think!