During winter time, we often miss summer fruits like wild berries and tasty watermelons. Fortunately, we can enjoy delicious clementines that are coming from sunny countries.
You can make the most of this little citrus fruit in the form of delicious jam! It's a great side to serve for brunch or to offer as a hostess gift. It will be really appreciated!
Here is a delicious recipe for clementine jam that is easy to prepare.
- 1.3 kg of clementines
- 1 lemon
- 750g of sugar
- 200g of water
- a copper basin
- a spatula
- a jam thermometer
- empty jars (Mason)
1. Start by separating the of clementine into two equal parts.
2. Peel the first half and separate the citrus fruit into quarters.
3. Cut the clementines from the other half - leaving the skin on - in small pieces.
4. Pour the water into a copper bowl and add the lemon cut in half (with the skin on) and the sugar.
5. Heat over low heat until the mixture reaches 125 ° C (257 ° F).
6. Place the clementines in the syrup and, cook them with stirring occasionally for 18 to 20 minutes.
7. Fill the jars with jam to the brim and close.
8. Turn the jars for 2 minutes upside down. After 2 minutes turn again and let them cool.
That is such a nice change for the morning breakfast, leaving strawberries and raspberries on the side! Clementines have a sunny taste and their invigorating orange color is so beautiful!
Source: Bio Laune · Photo Credit: Adobe Stock