Apple picking is a tradition for many families, but often we end up with way too many apples! Here is a delicious recipe that that be made with these extra apples.
- 4 apples (Granny Smith, Jonagold, Cortland,Braeburn or Honeycrisp are best for baking)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
1. Start by preheating the oven to 350 F/ 190 C.
2. Core each apple but do not cut all the way through. Create a good-sized well in the center of each apple.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, and spices together. Stir in butter until well combined.
4. Spoon the oat mixture equally into each apple, slightly mounding the filling.
5. Place apples on a baking sheet or a muffin tin.
6. Bake until apples are tender and the filling has lightly browned for about 30 minutes.
You can also make this recipe in the slow cooker! See the instructions below.
What is your favourite dessert for Fall?