The good weather is finally here. What better than a good barbecue to fully enjoy the beautiful weather ?
Admit that everything is good on the barbecue. Whether it's delicious meat, fish or seafood, everything is better when it is cooked on the barbecue. And what about vegetables grilled on the barbecue ? It's impossible to resist ! Always add extra portions to make sure you have enough, because it's impossible to limit to just one portion !
Today we suggest you excellent side dish that will please everyone, even the discriminating gourmets. It is impossible to resist to this recipe of asparagus with balsamic vinegar.
With fresh asparagus bought at the market, this recipe will be even better and you will be able to fully enjoy this tasty recipe.
This recipe can be done in the oven, but you can just do it on the barbecue if you want, and if the weather is nice ! Enjoy !
A simple side dish !
- 1½ pounds of asparagus
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices of bacon, cut in half
- ½ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the asparagus on the baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over the asparagus. Salt and pepper generously. Roll the asparagus onto the baking sheet to coat evenly.
- Separate the asparagus into groups of 5.
- Wrap the center of each bundle with one strip of bacon.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine balsamic vinegar and honey. Cook the mixture over medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Let cool slightly and pour over cooked asparagus.
The following video allows you to view in detail each steps of the preparation to achieve these delicious asparagus with balsamic vinegar. This recipe will become your favorite side dish !
In the comment section, let us know if you are a big fan of cooking on the barbecue, and if you do it no matter the season or if you cook on the barbecue only during the summer season ?