If your New Year's resolutions include loosing weight you don't have to starve yourself! You can eat delicious healthy and earthy meals that will fill you up. This vegetable soup is one of the recipes you should definitely give a try. You can even make it in a Crockpot!
With crackers and some cheese, it's a perfect dinner!
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 4 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 red or orange peppers, diced
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 6 cups of beef broth
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon of thyme, dried
- ½ teaspoon of basil, dried
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 cups of zucchini, sliced
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and garlic over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the carrots, cabbage and green beans and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in the peppers, tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, bay leaves and seasonings and simmer 6-7 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and broccoli. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Remove bay leaves before serving. Enjoy!
What is are New Year's resolutions?